Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Swagbucks

Search & Win

Another program I use to gets points for rewards is Swagbucks. If you do any amount of searching on Google and other search engines, Swagbucks will give you points to redeem for gift cards. After I get 45 points, I redeem them for a $5 gift card for Amazon.com. You can also redeem the points for other things, as well. I usually earn 2-3 points per day, so I get 1-2 cards a month, or $5-10. Not a way to get rich quick, but it is fun to get something back for the searches I do. The only downside is, it's not quite as good of a search engine as google, but seeing that google doesn't reward me, I can live with that. If you are interested, sign up here.

5 comments:

  1. I do swagbucks, but never asked for an Amazon card. Do they actually send you a real gift card in the mail? I thought it would be like a code to use.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura, they are called "Amazon.com e-Gift Cards" but you are right, it is a code that you get from swagbucks to apply to your Amazon account.

    Some people like the $10 Starbucks gift card for 130 points- that one is actually mailed to you, i believe. The are also such things as Target e-gift cards, Paypal cash, Barnes and Noble e-gift cards. Amazon is my favorite one, because you can get a $5 value for only 45 points.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you use multiple codes per order, or is it one $5 code per order?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laura, I think you can apply as many codes as you have, and it saves it to your Amazon account. For example, right now my Amazon balance is $3.56, and as soon as I redeem my next card, it should be $8.56. I can download 8 songs or mp3's at 99 cents each in separate transaction, I can buy one item that totals up to $8.56 with shipping included and get it free, or I can wait until my next $5 card and have a total of $13.56. Once you apply the card to your Amazon account, you can do about whatever you want with your balance. Don't know if that makes sense at all :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. yes, I think I understand! I might save up all my points for Christmas gifts from Amazon. I've got 93 right now!

    ReplyDelete