Tuesday, February 2, 2010

My Giant Eagle Shopping Trip 2/2

Today I made a quick trip to Giant Eagle, because I had found a deal I hadn't known about last week.
I got the items below for $6.50 and got $4 back on my next shopping trip. In case you want to do this deal yet today or tomorrow, I'll give you the details.


The cups were not part of the money back scenario, but I did get those for 50 cents. They are on sale for $2, and I had a 75 cent coupon (which doubled) for Solo paper products.

The Nestle's hot cocoa mix is on sale for $1 each. Follow the directions here for $.50 coupons (can print 2 per computer) which will be doubled to make them free. Now, you can stop with that and have your free cocoa, or you can combine it with the Juicy Juice deal, and together the two deals will cost you $6 and get you $4 back. Read on:

At the same site as the coupons for cocoa, you can print coupons for $1 off 2 Juicy Juice. The Juicy Juice (the kind on this picture, not on the coupon) is on sale for $2 each. If you buy 4, your total will be $8, and 2 coupons will bring your total  down to $6. IF you buy 4 Juicy Juices and 4 Nestle's hot cocoa, you will be able to get a $4 coupon for your next shopping trip. See page 4 of this week's ad for details. Now your total is only $12 before coupons, not $15, but this deal is going by non-sale price, so it will work- or it did for me. If you only have one computer and can't get the 4 coupons for the cocoa, your total after coupons will be $8, and you'll still get the $4 coupon off your next shopping trip. 

A similar deal would work if you got the Nestles candy (Nestle Crunch Hearts or Butterfinger hearts) instead of the Juicy Juice. It would actually be a better deal, because the shelf price is higher, so you would only have to buy 2 to get the $4 catalina, and you can use the $1 off 2 coupon here. If you bought the 4 hot cocoas and 2 bags of candy, your total would be $7.98 before coupons, and $2.98 after coupons (if you have 4 cocoa coupons) You'd get $4 back, making this a $1.02 moneymaker. Wow, I wish I had seen this before I used my cocoa coupons. That chocolate candy sounds really good!! Oh well, the Juicy juice will make my daughter happy, and I won't be tempted to over-indulge!  Go to Cherry Picker to see more about it. Keep in mind that I didn't do the candy/hot cocoa deal, so I can't say with absolute certainty that it will work.

Now that I've gotten you thoroughly confused, I'll stop! =) Please feel free to ask if you have any questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment